The Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS) was responsable for the management of the national parks of Congo through its sister institute "Institute of the National Parks of Belgian Congo" till the independance of Congo from Belgium. During the period 1925 - 1960 several scientific missions were organised by the Institute in order to survey and to make inventories of the biodiversity in the national parks. The material that was brought back to Belgium was added to the scientific collections of RBINS and the Royal Museum of Central Africa.
The archives were only accessible in Belgium and could not be used by the present custodians of the national parks, the Congolese Institute for Nature Conservation (ICCN). In 2003 a start was made with the digitalisation of the archives in order to rapatriate the digitised information to the ICCN. This website gives the posibility to search the archives, photo archives mostly at this stage, and use the information.
- Publication series "Exploration of the national Park Garamba" completely scanned
- Publication series "Exploration of the national Park Albert" completely scanned
- First batch of digital archives of the National Park of Virunga repatriated to ICCN
- 17-11-1954: description des limites par Mr Georis [posted on: 07/08/2015]
- 17-11-1954: notice explicative de la nouvelle description des limites proposée [posted on: 07/08/2015]
- Cartes relatives au Parc National de l'Upemba [posted on: 07/08/2015]
- Mai 1960: Rapport sur l'administration du secteur Nord du Parc National de l'Upemba (ipncb n°139374) [posted on: 07/08/2015]
- Janvier 1960: Annexe au rapport du secteur Nord du Parc National Upemba pour le mois de Janvier 1959 [posted on: 07/08/2015]