The Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS) was responsable for the management of the national parks of Congo through its sister institute "Institute of the National Parks of Belgian Congo" till the independance of Congo from Belgium. During the period 1925 - 1960 several scientific missions were organised by the Institute in order to survey and to make inventories of the biodiversity in the national parks. The material that was brought back to Belgium was added to the scientific collections of RBINS and the Royal Museum of Central Africa.
The archives were only accessible in Belgium and could not be used by the present custodians of the national parks, the Congolese Institute for Nature Conservation (ICCN). In 2003 a start was made with the digitalisation of the archives in order to rapatriate the digitised information to the ICCN. This website gives the posibility to search the archives, photo archives mostly at this stage, and use the information.
- Publication series "Exploration of the national Park Garamba" completely scanned
- Publication series "Exploratiothe national Park Albert" completely scanned n of
- First batch of digital archives of the National Park of Virunga repatriated to ICCN
- Mars 1986-Août 1986: programme UICN de rehabilitation de la Garamba cinquième rapport semestriel [posted on: 02/03/2016]
- 07-05-1990: noms et post-noms des conservateurs-assistants et chercheurs qui ont travaillé au Parc National de la Garamba, stations de Nagero et Gangala Na Bodio de 1985 à ce jour [posted on: 02/03/2016]
- 11-12-1973: rapport de mission de controle effectuée au Ping et Seo Epulu du 19 novembre au 10 decembre 1973 par Mr Mukadi Ndala [posted on: 02/03/2016]
- 01-12-1973: instructions du directeur administratif suite à l'inspection au P.N.G./guest du 29 novembre 1973 [posted on: 02/03/2016]
- 30-01-1970: instructions suite a la visite du directeur general [posted on: 02/03/2016]